Often, in films and commercials, we are presented with an image of the house cat similar to a sort of ornament, or soft puppet, which gets all kinds of cuddles, lets us pick it up, cuddles up with us when we look at the TV. In reality, the domestic panorama is very different. By adopting targeted strategies and behaviors, however, we can be able to better understand our cat, and to achieve, as much as possible, true domestic serenity, which is difficult especially if we have more than one. In this Cat Behavior Manual, the Veterinarian and the Veterinary Behaviorist illustrate the main aspects of the 10 most common behavioral problems of the cat, to help you intervene in the correct way.
These are the 10 most common behavior problems among cats and their humans, which we have covered in The Handbook:
- My cat is too lively, what should I do?
- My cat is scared, how do I gain his trust?
- My cat leaves his poop lying around, why?
- My cat is aggressive and won’t let herself be cuddled or touched, what should I do?
- My cat chews on electric wires, plants, everything, what should I do?
- How can I educate my cat to have good manners, to obey me?
- My cat meows at night, he meows at the void and in front of doors, what should I do?
- My cat compulsively licks himself, why?
- How can I introduce a new cat to my existing cat?
- My cat refuses to eat, but meows with hunger, what should I do?
For each of these problems, the following are covered:
- the cat’s point of view,
- the veterinary point of view,
- the behavioral point of view.
This is because, if the problem seems to us a discomfort from a human point of view, we need to understand how the cat thinks, and deal with it from his point of view.
It is then up to us to understand whether it is a physical problem of the cat, which makes it feel uncomfortable, or a behavioral problem that we can correct with our behavioral responses.
Why buy the Manual
- Because it makes you understand and solve the 10 most heartfelt and common problems among those who live with one or more cats;
- gives you a clear explanation, thanks to the collaboration of a Veterinarian and a Behaviorist, of the feline behaviors that we are not easily able to explain;
- it makes you understand the cat’s point of view, because behind a behavior that we interpret as annoying, there is often a real problem that our cat cannot solve on his own, and in which we must help him;
- you will find practical suggestions that will help you solve the problem and finally achieve a peaceful life full of affection with your cat;
- you learn to communicate better with your cat, to understand him and make yourself understood.
- you create a serene and pleasant environment for your cat to live together in harmony
- the manual is a preliminary consultation of two veterinary professionals, which helps you understand if it is appropriate to have your cat examined, or if the problem can be easily solved at home
Who contributed to the Manual
The manual for Understanding and solving the 10 most common and heartfelt behavioral problems of cats has seen the collaboration of experts.
In addition to the help of my two valid collaborators, Lady and Oscar, my big cats, who acted as “testers” for many of the problems covered in the book, I asked for help from the Vet who already regularly writes for Miciogatto.it, Valerio Guiggi , and a veterinary behaviorist, Elena Borrione.
In the book you will also find all their contact details, as well as the complete biography, to be able to contact them and learn more about the topics.
TO UNDERSTAND YOUR CAT LIKE AN OPEN BOOK
Ti trovi qui: